Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Witcher 2: Assassination of Kings going multiplatform!?


I've recently gotten hooked on wanting The Witcher 2 after following this Let's Play series. The opportunity to slay mythical creatures, defeat dragons, and have special powers is just too much to pass up. Since I my computer is too crappy to play any high end PC games, I've spent an hour scouring the internet about The Witcher 2 being released on consoles.

At first I was disappointed after reading about a failed port for the first Witcher called The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf. Then after a couple articles, I found one where it briefly talks about the producers revealing that The Witcher 2 would be heading to consoles. One article I remember reading in, but forgot the link to, said that the console version would release about 4 months after the PC version. Since PC version was released on May 17th, 4 months would put the console release date at around the beginning of the 4th quarter of 2011. Those RPG enthusiasts who don't own gaming computers like me, would have to hope for the best this coming Fall, and for everyone else, there will also be many amazing titles due for release this Fall season. Be sure to get your copy of The Witcher 2, here.